Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Movin' and Shakin'


Our duckie suddenly started wanting to be a big girl. Last Sunday, she started pulling herself to stand over and over but that just wasn't good enough, she wanted to walk too. I am not kidding. She has taken steps! That's right. It is hard to tell whether or not to count them as first steps because she usually falls as she steps. Nevertheless, she is on her way. I find it interesting how babies just move from one skill to the next. There is no procrastination. There is however desire, determination, and lots of crashing and burning. When do we humans loose this insatiable drive to do the next thing. Once we conquer one skill are we on the next? Do we refuse to sit when we know that we can stand???

About a month ago, a tragedy occurred. We lost Duckie's pacifier, I know to you well prepared mothers out there with several hundreds of binkies laying around, this sounds absurd but truly there was nothing to be done so late at night except to suffer. We did make it through the night and I went out the next day determined to remedy the situation. Two more identical pacifiers were purchased. BUT... she decided if she could make it without it one night why ever go back. Thus, we are binkieless. Many might think congratulations, now you don't have to go through the unending ordeal like you did with Sunshine. This is true and I am grateful, yet sometimes a good plug is a wonderful thing. Now maybe Duckie will start more babbling though, which I love love love!

2 comments:

Bear said...

What a silly baby. You'll just have to keep those new binkies for the next bambino. I can't believe she went from no moving at all to suddenly standing and starting to crawl. And that b&w pic of her is ADORABLE!

Andrea said...

I can't believe she is starting to walk already!! I have to agree with you, the time goes by way to fast!! She is a beautiful girl though!! Congratulations on being binkie free!! Hopefully we will be soon!