Some of my favorite people in the world are my two aunts, Aunt Becky, my birth mom's sister, and my Tia. They both came to visit here a couple of weeks ago and we probably ran them ragged. We had a party like every night. I wish that I would have taken more pictures. Every night we got together and at least had dessert. Did you know that you can put a jello mix into a cake mix and give it so much added flavor? We had strawberry with raspberry jello cake, we had brownies with cream cheese frosting and strawberries, and we had fruit pizza. It was awesome. Strawberries were on sale this week!! Anyway, my aunt Becky is one of my heros. She is THE most positive person I know. She is so fun to be around and she just can make you laugh. She is quite talented, cooking, baking, chocolates, flowers, etc. etc. She also is so caring. She took care of my grandma for years with her alzheimerz. But, she didn't just take care of her, she took really good care of her. She will even jump right up and change a diaper if need be. Oh, how I love her. She can tell the best stories. I love it when she tells stories about my mom. I just know bits and pieces so it is so fun to hear about her funny moments and her strength and her faith. We just wish we could keep her here always. Tia is my favorite too. She is so generous, we live in her house right now. How awesome is that. She would really do anything for us, we are like her own kids. I know that she worries and prays for us just as much as anyone. When we were down in October visiting Blair together, we were driving back from G's when we got turned around like three times and we just started laughing so hard. I honestly don't remember the last time that I laughed so hard. She is a true teacher from asking if we have all gone to the bathroom to helping Eliza spell out her name with letters from a puzzle she brought. She also was an intramural champion at ping pong while at BYU so we even got her to play a bit here. So funny. We celebrated her 70th birthday by her taking us out to dinner. That is the way she wants it. Once again she is so good at telling stories. Stories about my mom or when we were little. I love them. I love you Tia.
1 comment:
Yeah, we've been pretty dang lucky in the Aunt department.
Post a Comment