Tuesday, February 23, 2010

If I Were A Rich Man

I am so proud. J- sang this very difficult song for a Valentine's Ward Party, the theme was Night on Broadway. There were songs from Evita, West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserable, and of course Fiddler on the Roof. I am not sure if you can tell how good he was with our weak little video camera. I had to take short little clips so obviously you are missing a lot in the performance but here is a pretty good little taste. Also, they ended up putting a red spotlight on him and I think that the video would have worked better with a better light. Anyway, he was the best. My sis sang "I feel pretty" from West Side Story. She was amazing, even pregnant she looked graceful as all get out dancing around the stage. (I wish I hadn't deleted her whole performance along with a couple weeks worth of pictures because my card was full and I didn't have a back-up and J hadn't even sang yet. I am so lame sometimes. I should follow the boy scout motto more and Be Prepared!! Oh well.)

All week when J would practice Sunshine would watch, by the end of the week she was singing along and doing "the Dance." I wish I had that on video too.

(I am also very annoyed at Blogger lately. I had the hardest time posting these videos. I know that I am sometimes technically behind the times but uugghhh! Also, I really need to learn how to edit videos. What software, etc. do you all use?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jonathan!!! Difficult tune... well done!

I got editing software with my Sony but there's also Microsoft's free software "Windows Movie Maker 2.1". I don't do alot with video editing but my understanding is that the best home software is called "CyberLink PowerDirector 8 Deluxe". It's supposed to be the best and easiest to use. There's also "Movie Studio" that's supposed to be good. But you could download Microsoft's software for free and play with it until you choose something else!

The Zenn family said...

Excellent Job! The boys say...that was awesome!

bethsluder said...

Love it!!!

Jill Lewis said...

Awesome! Last fall we saw Topal's very last performance as Tevia in Boston. I will always love Fiddler on the Roof after that! It was fun to see your husband do such a great job!
I also loved your post a bit down to get caught up on your life! I always loved the "planning" of science teaching as well. I just got my son a microscope and we're in heaven.

Kate said...

He was great!! I really wish I would have been there to see it live.