In the spirit of something I've read out there in the blogosphere about reaching your 100th post, and with the narcissism blogging affords us, I give you this: my 101st post with 101 things about me (everything you've always wanted to know...)
1. I grew up in the desert.
2. It can be beautiful.
3. But I wish we had a real fall.
4. January at the park in flip-flips isn’t too shabby though.
5. It is raining right now.
6. I like the rain.
7. In high school I ran track.
8. I Do Not run now.
9. But I am working on it.
10. I have been trying to decide on a goal.
11. And I think it will be a 10k before I get pregnant again.
12. I hurt just thinking of it.
13. My first major at BYU was Chemical Engineering.
14. Then I decided to do Zoology.
15. There wasn’t a plain biology major at the time at BYU.
16. I think that I only changed majors once.
17. But I don’t like animals.
18. Mostly don’t like hairy animals.
19. Fish are perfect pets.
20. Sometimes a cute puppy does twist my heart a bit.
21. But then I remember I have enough things to clean up after.
22. I absolutely loved BYU.
23. I use to walk campus, thinking I can’t believe I am here.
24. It was surreal.
25. I am the second of nine children and first girl.
26. I married the second to last of nine children and last boy.
27. I am three years older than him.
28. I use to think that I was independent.
29. And am surprised how much I rely on my husband.
30. We were engaged after about two months.
31. It has been almost seven years.
32. We have moved four times since then.
33. And lived in three different states.
34. I taught school for six years.
35. In three states.
36. Mostly middle school.
37. I always thought I would do high school.
38. Now I just want to do it online somehow.
39. Until recently I was hired for every job I interviewed for.
40. Thus greatly disappointed not to get hired writing curriculum.
41. I always liked the planning part of teaching.
42. But, truly, I love love love being at home with my girls.
43. I do love teaching my little mommy preschool.
44. I got a canvas for Christmas from my sister.
45. Gotta love her.
46. It is very large and intimidating. (“That’s what she said.”)
47. We watch “The Office” regularly.
48. I have never had an art class but it interests me.
49. It is so much cooler to have homemade art.
50. I went years and years only eating cereal dry.
51. Now milk on cereal doesn’t gross me out.
52. My hands are often dry to the point of bleeding.
53. I do use lotion.
54. Everybody has advice for my hands.
55. I don’t usually follow advice.
56. After marrying I was complaining about my nose running.
57. My dear sweet husband said ”It has been since I met you.”
58. It is right now, but I have a cold.
59. I always wanted an odd number of children.
60. I don’t know why.
61. Right now I only have two.
62. I want more.
63. I am not quite baby hungry yet so we will wait.
64. Lately, I can’t get enough of books.
65. Sometimes my girls push the books out of my hands.
66. I wasn’t always that attached.
67. Nancy Drew books made me like reading though.
68. Back in the day, thanks Tia.
69. We play games a lot.
70. We were completely addicted to Acquire.
71. But now we are playing Settlers more.
72. I like to win when we play.
73. Although I use to be even more competitive.
74. I also really really like to be right.
75. Slowly, I am learning it isn’t always worth it.
76. I bet my pride issues are bigger than yours.
77. I would like to travel.
78. But I have never been out of the country.
79. If I could go anywhere, I would go to Europe.
80. Notice how I narrowed that down very specifically.
81. I love musicals.
82. I always sing along.
83. But I don’t really know how to sing.
84. I wish that life was really like that.
85. Everybody breaking out into song and dance.
86. I don’t mind doing the dishes.
87. The worst part is the silverware.
88. I don’t mind changing poopy diapers.
89. But I know that our deal was for only one year.
90. We make deals with each other often.
91. I always think that my house should run on schedule.
92. It doesn’t.
93. I am too relaxed and so is my other half.
94. I’ve read “Brown Bear, Brown Bear” a million times.
95. Today.
96. My girls always follow me around.
97. They can’t be in one room if I am not there.
98. Sometimes, I feel clasterphobic about it.
99. I have to yell, “get off me” sometimes.
100.J explains “its cuz they love you.”
101. Well, yeah, who doesn’t.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Me 101
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
This was awesome, I loved it!!!
Cute!
cleverly written...and fun to read!
That was so fun! I loved it! Good job, very clever.
Loved this post. I just walked down memory lane. I think I still know you better than you think, but you are a slightly modified version of the Angela I was attached to so many years ago. I wish we could meet up someday soon. I would like to reconnect.
What a fun way to celebrate the 101 post. I love all the new things I've learned about you!
I really enjoyed reading that! Especially some of the humorous parts.
Post a Comment