Warning: this is going to be long.
So, last time I mentioned Duckie's progress verballing I said that she didn't really say anything. That was in October. Then one day (later in October, I think) my sis-in-law dropped something and said, "Uh-Oh." Duckie out of nowhere, I mean she didn't even look up from her toys or anything just said clear as day "Uh-Oh." It was so awesome. I mean it was like a break-through. She really knows what it means too because she doesn't want to say it unless there is a reason, even though us her over-zealous parents want to keep making her repeat it. It is just so cute.
She started saying, "Aaah Aaah" for a monkey noise. We really get into monkey sounds around these parts. "Eeeh, Eeeh, Oooh, Oooh, Aaah, Aaah." She also started trying to do horse, we kind of blow through our lips rather than just saying neigh, and so she mostly just takes a big breath. Probably the sound she does best is "quack" she says this every time she sees birds.
She also says "ashes, ashes" for Ring-A-Round the Rosies. She does the actions (kind of) for "I'm a little Teapot" and "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider."
She can sign more, milk, please, and thank-you. And of course she can say and wave hi and bye.
More Stuff from December / January
Now she will jam your facial features as she says, "mo" for nose, "mu" for mouth, "eye, ear, hair, and "ow" for head. I think the ow comes from her always hitting her head. But we just re-inforce it because it is so cute. Her daddy will say poke her head and say ow and then she will. It is one of their favorite games. Also she hit her head really hard on our coffee table and split her head open. I thought for sure that we would need stitches but Lisa said just to use superglue. We were so relieved that we didn't have to go spend all night in the hospital for a couple of stitches. Now she has what J calls a pretty cool scar over her right eyebrow.
I don't know when this started this but something that I love is when I ask her if she is ready for nap or bed she says "Yay" with all her little heart. She must need more sleep. She is the best at going to bed. I hardly have to do anything, which I feel a bit guilty about but I love that I can just throw her into her bed and she doesn't need twenty things, song, book, etc. etc.
She also learned how to kiss. I don't think that we are a very kissy family but out of nowhere she kissed her dad. It was so sweet. I love a little baby kiss.
From February / To Now
We have her point out people like herself, Sunshine, Daddy, Mommy, cousins, etc. She is finally getting the hang of it. She still sometimes points to herself for MaMa. She really doesn't have much of a name for her sister (maybe her name is just too hard) but two cousins have names. She says AaEe for one and Tayor for the other. She never mistakes them when pointing people out. They mush be her favorites.
Last week, she randomly signed "help me." We don't use that sign much so we were very impressed. She has also made up her own signs for "poopy" (she taps her belly) and amen (she points at her hand). She is even starting to try to say her own prayers. She can also say all of the things that she signs. Although, "mo" is milk, more, and what a cat says. She also says "mo" for nose and No! Lately, whenever I ask something of her she says "mo." That has to stop soon but right now I just love it.
She can do the actions for "The Wise man built his House upon a Rock," and had started kind-of doing "The Wheels on the Bus."
She can do more animal sounds now. Like baa, mo, raorao (for dog). The other day she was playing with a toy dino and was growling at everybody. It was awesome.
We started playing with puzzles too. That is kind of fun. She has really picked up it quickly. She also has been getting into quite a bit of trouble for writing on the walls. She loves to draw lately.
Really she is picking up new words all the time. I can't even keep track. She can say cookie, bear, and many more equally important words. Just this week she has said, Outside, Open, Lellow, Gogurt and many more.
Finally, we were able to see a doctor after more than a year. She had a double ear infection and was given abuterol for her lung inflammation, because she is always sick. They didn't say though that she actually has asthma so I am not sure about that. She also got four shots to catch up to date. Poor thing. She is 32" tall (50 percentile) and 23 lbs (25 percentile).
I am not too worried about this kiddo except for maybe her crazy attachment to me. She will hardly let me go into another room even at our own house. Nursery at church has been a bit of an adjustment as you can imagine. She will learn to like it though at least my the time she goes to Sunbeams.
Oh, and if she doesn't break her neck doing her acrobatics. Last week we were at the park she was having a blast climbing, sliding, dangling from a horizontal bar over an opening five feet or so to the ground below. Later she basically ran right off the edge while trying to grab onto the bar. She was just fine though and was ready to go do it all again after only two seconds. I guess this isn't a self correcting problem. I am not sure when you'all let your kids free style it at the park but I think I can't do it yet. I don't want to be a hovering parent but I would like my kids to survive.
2 comments:
I loved it! There were so many beautiful pictures of that girl! We sure love being around her. I'm glad AaEe is one of her favorites :)
She's too cute. I love the update. It's awesome when they start communicating with you and they really know what they're talking about. She's also so cute in nursery and seems to like singing time quite a bit.
Post a Comment