I was actually expecting this earlier, fish don't really live that long right? But, I was surprized to find myself so upset by this turn of events. I was almost in tears. Poor Eliza. Daddy didn't even want her to see Otto one last time to say "good-bye". Daddy actually found him right before they were to feed the fish, so he told Eliza that they would just feed the fish in the morning. So sad. I mean really sad. Last night we explained to her that he got sick and died. I was a bit concerned about this explanaion because she had been sick all day. Eliza said, "Let's go find him." and "When is he coming back?" We continued our explanation, Daddy reminded her of The Lion King and how the dad dies. Seriously, I was thinking Eliza is now going to have nightmares of dying because she is sick or daddy dying like Mufasa. Anyway, she was fine and I was the one who was all broken up about a silly fish. How do you explain death?
4 comments:
It sounds to me like Eliza understands death perfectly. Your girls are so stinkin' cute and we have decided that Emmalyn and Chloe look like cousins. We have no idea where we will be this summer but it would be great to be around family. If we end up in CO then you better come visit so the cousins can play.
How cute is she?? I love the explanation. I can't believe how long her hair has gotten. So much fun.
That is weird that this is Angela Thorpe's blog and Angela Thorpe also comments. ha. When I had a roommate also named Blair, we went by Blair #1 and Blair #2. Maybe you should work out a system like that.
Anyway, good job teaching Eliza. She is such a smart girl.
She is adorable!
Post a Comment