Friday, September 10, 2010

The "Man" Trip

The "Man" Trip.
The Continental Divide, Weminuche Wilderness, 
San Juan National Forest, Colorado.
Five days.
Forty-eight miles.

Train from Durango to Trail Head just before Silverton.
 Beautiful. 
 Mountain Man.
 The Top.
 Victory.
 My Main Squeeze.
 Edible?
Yep, that really is a moose.
 Snow melt.
 Hoping for falling action behind the camera.
 Love the little beaten trail in all that wilderness.
The tent.
"Trying to be Funny" Photo -op
Can you believe how close they are?
No shame.

 The Mountain Goat Family.
Aaahhhh.

 My brothers
Oh, the People you Meet.
This guy spends his life on the move.
He biked from Alaska to panama and from the tip of Chile back up. Alone. 
Cra -azy..
They told me they should be back Tuesday evening.
But not to worry until Wednesday. Yeah right.
Thankfully, all went well without much altitude sickness
so they made the right train back and my brother was able to get his flight.
I love that the boys do this "man trip."
I just wish I could go too.
I hate missing out on the adventure.
Where to next year men?

1 comment:

JonathanJeni said...

Men after my own heart! They were traversing our territory out here. We are addicted to the San Juans and have gone on many hikes and Joanthan has backpacked tons. That train ride is spectacular, albeit a little pricey. Definitely worth it! Jonathan is considering Durango in possible options to work next year. I am very jealous of their trip.