Here are the girls all ready for swim lessons. Sometimes Duckie will wake up in the morning and say "wimming" like first thing. She loves swimming at least most of the time.
This is after one of our first classes. Duckie is with her buddy. From the start Duck has been a water girl and has done well putting her face in the water and holding her breath. She started saying "Wee" as we played. So cute. Her goggles are so little that her eyes can barely open with those long eye-lashes of hers.
I was a little concerned how Sunshine would even do in the water period. She never has really liked it and doesn't want it in her face for sure. But I did a lot of prep work before swim lessons ever even started. We talked about how she had to do what the teacher said or she would not get to swim. She has no hurry in her, so many times the teacher has to say "come on now it is your turn" and "go" "go" but then she does it and hasn't really cried or freaked out like I thought that she might. She is awesome.
I actually tried to stay away a bit the first couple lessons because I didn't want her to get worked up with me there. Her teacher is tough on her but every time she says that she had fun and gets excited to go back. One day she even said, "Cherida loves me." This is funny because the teacher really isn't lovey with the kids, she is more coach-like. But my Sunshine thinks everybody loves her.
Duck waiting around for Sunshine's class to be done.
This video is Sunshine actually jumping off the side and swimming. YEAH!! She did this about a month into lessons and before lessons she would not even get her face wet. She has come along way.
This video is one of the first times that she goes all the way across the pool.
I am dang proud of my girls. I am not saying they are going to be olympians or anything. But...
THEY CAN SWIM. YEAH!!





5 comments:
I'm so glad things went well with swim lessons. Again your daughters are always adorable.
Thank you again for the dinner, it really helped that evening go well. Thanks for being such a great visiting teacher!
Yeah, they are pretty awesome. I bet Chloe would even jump in and swim now. Has she gotten the forward kicking motion yet?
Angela,
John has a companion on his Mission named Elder Thorton and he's from Colorado. Don't know if you know but John is in Uruguay. Any relation?
Mary
Sooooo cute!!
Angela,
Now I feel silly.
I know you as Bury.
This Thorpe name confuses me.
Sorry for calling you Thorton.
But Thanks for the compliments.
Mary
Post a Comment