Sunshine was suppose to go on a special daddy-daughter date for her birthday but it ended up being a time for daddy with both of his girls. They went to the Phoenix Children's Museum on her actual birthday (the party wasn't going to be until Sunday) while I went to my book club. They were able to play with / experience several exhibits. Here is a picture of them hiding in a thousand noodles mobile and one of those sand tables that is lit up from underneath. Sunshine loved playing at the sand table.
I really wanted to do a fun theme-ish party like last year's luau but alas the party had arrived and although it was a great party it was a simple no "go big or go home" event. Sunshine didn't seem to notice, she just wanted all the aunts, uncles, and cousins to be there. She asked me several times if they were all coming, which they did (at least the AZ ones did).
Isn't she cute?
We had strawberry shortcake and cupcakes for dessert. Duckie here is just diving in.
When Sunshine gets excited sometimes she just makes funny noises and sticks out her tongue. We have been trying to teach her to use her words. But at least we know she is happy.
She got new goggles for her swim class, a bike helmet for the very cheap bike we found at Savers, some play dough, fun paper and stickers, and sidewalk chalk from her parents and sister. She got a subscription to "The Friend" magazine from her Aunt J and Uncle T. (I kept meaning to do that but hadn't got to it yet, we always just found it online. It will be so nice to have it for real.) She got a new swim towel with a cute octopus on it and a book from Aunt L and Uncle G. She told me her favorite thing was the play dough which was a total after thought. I just kind of grabbed it as I was leaving the store. Cute pastel-y colors made it look so soft.
Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful girl.
She still hasn't had her hair cut - e.v.e.r. Do you think that it is about time? We keep telling her that we might need to do a chopping but she always refuses. Plus to tell the truth I will be more sad than her about it. Anyway, we thank all of you for coming and celebrating with us. Happy Birthday, my girl.












1 comment:
Happy belated Birthday to the Beautiful girl with the beautiful hair that I don't think you should cut! Glad it was fun!
Post a Comment