(Picture from June 2008)
When Duckie was in the hospital down here in Arizona, my family really helped me with Sunshine. One time when my brother was watching her he put her down for a nap and she said, "book" like duh. Don't you know anything. He gave her a book and left her to read to herself on his great big bed. She had a nice nap.Another time, while the same brother was watching her, he went to check on Sunshine after a nap. I guess that he could hear her and she was reading an Ensign. He thought that was so funny. She was perfectly content to stay in bed and read. Plus if you train them early in the way should go they will not depart from it.
Just this last Christmas while we were at my parents, Sunshine was talking to her aunt. They were spelling words together. Cat, Dog, etc. etc. Then her aunt asked if she knew how to spell Mommy. So, Sunshine gave her aunt the marker and instructed her how to spell and write it "M - O." She went on to "M" and pointed to where her aunt to should write the letter next. This continued until they were done and Sunshine I think took the marker back. She is such a natural teacher.
She also talks in her sleep. I wish I could remember all the funny things she has said but mostly they are things like, "that is mine." Earlier this month. I ran into her room while she was screaming about something in the middle of the night and she said, "I want a brother." She was in tears. How sad is that. No, I am not pregnant, although you can't tell my looking at me, and I don't plan on it... for awhile at least. Then this morning while I was typing this post she said, "I have to hike" while sleeping. So fun, huh.
There are several words that she hasn't said right since she first started speaking them including but not limited to: falorpe (thorpe), cramera (camera), celeal (cereal), flowlers (flowers), lellow (yellow), nis (this), and hing (thing). I don't think that she has any speech development issues, it is just a kid thing. Anyway, after many many months just enjoying all of the fun things that she says and how she says them, we have decided that we should encourage her to try saying things the correct way. She has especially been practicing saying the "th" sound. I hear her sometimes in the other room saying "thing" over and over. I hope that we haven't given her complex (I don't believe that we have).
Some things we still say the way Sunshine taught us going on three years ago: la lu (love you) and nummy (yummy) and byseeya byseeya byseeya (bye, see you). Now don't go all crazy on me we don't actually baby talk all of the time.
Where has the time gone? It is so weird to think that she has been talking for years. Bytheway, her first word was "Wo" as in "wo I am going to fall." Isn't that just cute. Where or where has my baby gone? She is going to be four soon. Ow. Sniff Sniff.
2 comments:
SO sweet. That was a nice little synonpsis. And great pictures.
Great post! Great pics! They do grow up .... in the blink of an eye!
Post a Comment