Maybe I didn't think.
Maybe I just rushed into it.
What did I do??? !!!
Yep!
That is the before.
And this...
is the after.
First haircut ever.
First haircut ever.
She actually liked it right from the beginning.
I did have to convince her to let me cut it in the first place.
But then snip snip and it was done.
I just put it in a low pony-tail and cut across.
Which gave it a nice A-line shape, surprisingly enough.
Then, I decided that my sis needed to fix it up just a bit.
J was not so sure.
I don't think he wanted it to get any shorter.
I guess you can't tell in any picture just how short the back is but it is short.
The front is a couple inches longer.
She is still cute.
Thank goodness.
I am glad that she didn't think that I ruined her forever.
Like I did when my mom cut my hair too short.
But this will all go for a good cause.
Locks of Love will be receiving
twelve inches of hair.
That is right 12 inches.
I measured.
I could go out to a decimal but that is just unnecessary.
(Bytheway, a ponytail waiting on the counter is a little creepy.)
So, I said she liked it.
But I started having all this regret.
Soon we would be taking family pictures
and for dance class she couldn't wear a bun anymore
and the baby curls are gone
and...
It was a little sad.
It was like a monumental statement that
my girl
my baby girl
was growing up.
She does look older.
I am over it now.
I mean these pictures were actually taken the end of June.
(I am just barely getting to this post.)
My Sunshine is a big girl.
And I think that her hair looks good.
Hopefully
It (the 12 inched) can be used as somebody else's hair.
(Which is also a little creepy if you really think about it.)
(Which is also a little creepy if you really think about it.)




3 comments:
I love all of your new posts! I showed B the post about camping and she has been talking non-stop about you guys! Your girls are so cute!
I think her hair looks super cute!
She looks awesome. Great job with the touch ups and I love that her hair is going to Locks of Love. She's so cute!
Post a Comment