Saturday, July 31, 2010

Camping with Friends

Our little adventure started off with our van barely making it up the mountain. It was hot, like 115 hot, and with all the weight in the van it was just plain struggling. We ended up getting to our camping spot in about twice the time we thought it would take. But it was beautiful. It was the perfect temp and building our fire and setting up camp in the dark went smoothly. We did the traditional s'mores. It was seriously the best night of sleep I think that I have ever had camping. And I love love the mornings camping. I love waking up with the sun and I love the way the light peeks through the trees.
J has been requesting a certain father's day present forever. And so he finally got this hammock the day before Father's day (which is the weekend that we went camping, I know I am just very far behind in my posting, which always makes me put off blogging because I have to catch-up and then I get even further behind, it is a terrible downward spiral). The hammock turned out to be a true highlight to our day.
Everybody shared a turn.
This is B and Duckie waking up Sunshine. She was the last one up. They were giggling into that window thinking that they were the funniest ever. As a side note: I was a little worried how Sunshine would do without a toilet but she was such a trooper, I just made a little spot for her to go with a couple of rocks and she did great. Later we also did a little nature scavenger hunt. We had the girls look for spider webs, pine cones, holes, feathers, bugs, etc. etc. It was funny how long it would take for girls to find a rock or a leaf when the ground was so obviously covered with them. I love watching them pick their specimen.
The men...
Little Miss B's first camping trip. I think that she enjoyed herself.
Holly doing hair just like her mom did when she went camping as a child.
Our Friends. We are so glad that we were able to go camping finally together before they moved away. We will miss them but are so excited for their new adventures coming.
This is on the rim look out.
The only problem with this carrier is that it pushes my pants down. Can you tell how bad they are sagging? I am sure you are glad that I am pointing this out. Maybe I should just wear a belt.
My girls love throwing rocks into the lake.
I think that I beat my record of skipping rocks. The key is to get the perfect rock but then again you also have to have skill.
There was little ampitheater stage that we made Sunshine practice her dance moves. It was awesome. She kept twirling and prancing over and over.
It was a great over-night get away. Thanks friends for the memories.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Your camping trip looks so fun and pretty. You have to tell me where you went. It looks like a place that I have to see.