Friday, October 9, 2009

I think I'm in love

Our daffy Duck is hilarious. I know that pictures and a few comments don't do her justice and it is hard to capture her fun little personality. But here I go anyway.

Sweet moment. She likes to touch foreheads with you like it is a special custom of love. She also gives the best hugs, a nice tight squeeze around the neck. She likes to hold hands and just in general is a cuddler at heart.
And a bit mischievous. One day she found my chocolate pieces for doing chocolate molds. She just went to town on it. Gotta love a girl with taste, right?
She quickly learned on the other hand that dish soap was not so good.

Bath time is a favorite.

Ingenuity. I think that she actually pushed the kid stool over to the chair to climb up on. She also loves to play with Sunsine, even though sometimes I think that she pushes her buttons on purpose. My favorite is when I hear them laughing together.

My dare devil. A mountain goat. (Sidenote: have you read Glass Castle? So good.) Duck is happiest when she is on top of the world. She is always getting up on all kinds of things. It is a bit crazy because she isn't very good at being steady or getting down.

Can you help but love that face? Maybe I am biased but hello. Those are bug stickers on her not the real thing.

I started putting her in "time out" or the "naughty corner" and for some reason it is just so funny. When I first started doing this I couldn't help but just laugh at her antics. She would turn and put her nose in the corner or she would just slump into it like she was really sad or she would laugh and get out every two seconds. I wish I had video of her in the corner. Sunshine always wants to go sit with her in the corner too. I don't think that helps drive home the point that she has done something bad.
There are just so many expressions I wish I could capture. She is very expressive. She can give the dirtiest look and the most humorous. She is very good at nodding and it is so hysterical when she shakes her head "no" when she is doing something that she shouldn't do. On the other hand she is not verbal basically at all. She should technically be able to say a couple of words by now but she doesn't. She is such a content kid though that the lack of verbal communication isn't too frustrating at this point. Her daddy said the other day that he was a little worried about her because she is so far behind verbally. I was surprised, I didn't think that he even really noticed. I think that she is going to just come into speaking with a fury all of a sudden and even if she doesn't this kid is something super duper out of this world spectacular.
I know I am in love with this girl.

4 comments:

Bear said...

That was SO sweet. I can't believe that picture of her standing on her highchair table! CRAZY!

Amy, Dan and Ryan said...

As you should be...she's adorable!

Emily said...

She is SO adorable!

Kate said...

Your right ang. she is soo cute. The bath time photo is my favorite. And look how long her hair is getting. It's beautiful.