Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas



I know that it is a little late coming but... I am using this blog more for journaling than anything, so I should at least say we had a Christmas right.

We were so happy to have the Olsons come for Christmas this year. We did the whole Christmas story, celebration of Jesus' birth on Christmas Eve. Eliza and Brady dressed up like Mary and Joseph. Brady looked more like a terrorist when he was holding his staff than humble carpentar but overall it was fun and just adorable. I have been thinking more about what it must have been like for Mary this year. I guess I just didn't before, but now after having a baby "naturally" and just maybe taking the time to think the whole story has become alive to me. What a woman! What an interesting place to have a baby! What must the spirit have felt like on that silent night! "But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart." I have felt ponderings, were they similar to hers? My child, my baby, being a gift from God. Maybe. Probably not the same but similar.

Then Santa came that night and we opened presents after a good breakfast. Simple, cheap, fun. Did I mention, I love love love Christmas. Even the after presents time, which some think is such a let down after all the hullabaloo, blah, blah. But I love it. Actually taking the games out and playing together, quietly looking over at the dad and girl racing the cars down the track, taking a little nap. Did I mention we usually buy boyish presents for our girls. Guns and cars maybe it is more for the dad.

No comments: