Eliza is awesome. My heart is so full watching her growing up so much. I am loving every moment (well most). Lately she started singing so much more. Yesterday, since Eliza refused to go to nursery, which she usually loves, we were together in the mother's room at church. The mic was on while the primary kids were practicing their program so we were listening. In the middle of enjoying a stink from Chloe the primary kids started singing "I love the see the temple." Eliza joined right in. Her little voice saying most of the words. I was so impressed and overwhelmed with... What's the right word to describe all the feeling of a mom in-love with her girl? Maybe love. Maybe joy. I sing this song often to Eliza but she hasn't started singing along 'til now. I love it. It is one of the best things in the world.
Now, besides all of the wonder and amazement that Eliza brings into my life from her simple words and deeds, there is another side. I use to think that parenting would be easy. I use to think "I know how I want to parent." I use to think "I am going to do this or that." I use to think "I am NOT going to do this or that". BUT... it is just so much harder than I thought. It is so much more emotional that I thought. It is so much more "fighting with a two year old" than I thought it would be. I am happy to report that Eliza is strong willed, independent, and courageous. I mean, she will stand up for what she "believes in." She is also a bit demanding, bossy, and controlling. Just like her mom. It is also so much more rewarding. Especially, because I always win. Actually, I probably need to admit how much she rules to roost.
One more cute thing Eliza has been doing lately just makes Jonathan and I laugh. Eliza and I will sometimes hide quickly when we hear the garage door opening for Daddy to come home. This is so we can scare him, but almost always he figures us out and we get the scare. Then Eliza will say, "You boo me!!" She is always so excited to be "boo-ed." I absolutely love it.
2 comments:
That is so cute. You are a good mom, Ang.
Oh goodness, I loved reading that. With all the ugliness in the world, sometimes it just helps to know that there are still wonderful mothers out there. Although Helaman Halls was a long time ago, now it feels like we have another connection, through motherhood and children! Thanks for sharing your life with me, even if it's through a blog!
Post a Comment