This is at Weeping Rock (really cool, short hike). Even though you can't see it the rock is making it rain, it isn't a waterfall. I mean we are walking up and there is water falling from the sky onto us. It was incredible. I bet this is a favorite place during summer. According to Joey the water takes thousands of years to percolate through the layers of rock and then it comes to this impermeable layer so it shoots out of the rock layers above but maybe because of the breeze or the pressure of it coming out it seems to rain. Very cool.
The next hike we did was the River Walk. This is the entrance to "the Narrows" but is open for all. Duckie is quite comfortable in her new gear as you can plainly see.
Is that spectacular? Look at that cliff.
This was Duckie and Sunshine's favorite part of Zions. We played at the river edge throwing, splashing, skipping, and hurling rocks into the murky water. We were a bit nervous about the possible gardia (because a certain nephew was just treated for that) getting on the girls hands and thus in their mouths. But, we are just a little paranoid so they still played in the water and had a blast even though their fingers were going to freeze. I think that Joey took the prize for the biggest splash and my J took it for most skips.
At lunch time we found an ant hill. My J can't resist a good ant torturing actually they were watching these ants carry "large" food pieces accidently dropped on them into their tunnels. Ants are extremely strong you know.
So, yes we went to Zions but we didn't camp. Is that a little crazy? I am not the planner of that either, I don't need a hotel. But it was nice and there was a great breakfast. After our day trip we went to our room and relaxed a bit. I had brought things for the girls to do (paper, makers, stickers, games, books, etc.) but what they really enjoyed was playing hide and seek. Duckie hasn't ever been so "into" the game. She was actually playing with Sunshine. It was so cute. A second before I got out the camera Sunshine was on the top shelf. Isn't that how it always is, I mean for all the great pictures that I get, I sure miss some incredible moments. I hope that we get to keep them forever in our memories in the eternities. Cuz will we have scrapbooks there? I don't think so. And it is hard to really capture the essence of a child in a picture. They are cuter in real life.
The next day we went for a couple more hikes. This is at the end of the Canyon Overlook hike. There were several people getting a little too close to edge in J's mind and he was almost sick to his stomach of it. I guess I was making him a bit nervous too especially with a heavy weight on my back. It was an awesome view. I would recommend this hike.
Joey pointing out the rock types just like his dad.
The Tunnel. Sunshines other favorite part. It is awesome.
Here we had lunch and tossed the football around. How cool is it to have this great grass field with the cliffs just shooting up all around you. Loved it here.
Emerald Pool. Very cool. I wish that we could have done the further stop but when nature calls on a little girl, you have to get going.
Rocking out.
On the way home we stopped to visit grandma. It was nice to see her again and she seemed to be doing rather well. We also had a couple of good laughs at Timo's expense.
























3 comments:
Sounds like a GREAT time! Thanks for putting a picture up of Grandma...I haven't seen her in TOO many years. I especially love the pointing out of the stone type.
So fun. I bet it was even way more magnificent in person. Pictures never seem to do cliffs and mountains like that (or kids, for that matter) justice.
It's pretty easy to have a laugh at Timo's expense. :) Thanks for stopping and seeing mom. She really enjoys seeing you guys. Zions is a great place. I always love standing under weeping rock. Great pics!!
Post a Comment