Saturday, November 7, 2009

Swan Lake


This picture isn't actually from the show I saw.
I was blessed to see Swan Lake last night. It was beautiful. What talent! What strength! What extension! What grace! I love hearing the footsteps on the stage, watching even the fingertips perfectly held in place, the floating of the feet, the fast steps, and the slow positions that they hold forever. You can even see all the muscles in the dancers legs. Wow. The orchestra playing the timeless notes from Tchaikovsky with the dancers flawlessly in step was just awesome. My brother and his wife do a cultural type date once a month. I love that tradition and if we had the money we would definitely join in the fun. So last night was a real treat thanks to Tia and coupons. I just smiled and enjoyed the dancing and music. It was spectacular. There was a surprising number of children there and so I kept thinking about my girls. I don't think that they would have lasted though the show of course, but I think that it will someday be fun to take them to experiences like this. When I was young I did tap dancing and I loved it at least in my memories. I hope to sign my girls up for dance some day too. Do you think that I am a bit to old for ballet lessons myself? How I would love to move that way, graceful, beautiful, and with so much power and strength. It is awesome.
Does it seem like all ballets, operas, and plays from a hundred years or more ago were all tragedies? Why is that? I like myself a good happy ending! I think that the eternities will be full of happy endings for like 98% of all people, maybe more. But, alas, this life is full of tragedy.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thanks for saying hello. I don't mind kinda catching up with ya. Your girls are so beautiful. (I cannot remember their names. Is that funny. It's been a long time I guess). Your oldest has beautiful hair! They look like Burys, that's for sure!

Kristina Brinkerhoff is a senior and she's graduating in June. She also has a steady boyfriend who is supposed to leave for his mission in the spring. The Brinkerhoffs are doing well they live in Henderson now. Near us.

It's nice to see your blog and if you don't mind I'll add you to my list.