I like to do themes for a week or two. Since we were going to SeaWorld I wanted to do an Ocean theme. So we made this ocean together as well as a other things. She wanted to tell everybody about all the animals on Her ocean. It was kind of a kick to watch. I took this picture after a couple of weeks so it is a little destroyed but she doesn't want me to take it down yet.
The other thing I love to do is request books about our theme from the library. They basically to all the searching and even get books from other libraries. Awesome. These are some of our favorites for oceans. There were about twelve others but I am not going to go into all of those.
"Wave" by Suzy Lee. I love this book. There are no words just fab pictures of the beach and how a little girl interacts with the waves, etc. Wonderful. I would definitely recommend this one. So fun for toddlers. Here is one of the pictures from inside, isn't it just so expressive.
"Commotion in the Ocean" by Giles Andreae. This was a fun, simple book.
"Way Down Deep in the Deep Blue Sea" by Jan Peck. Very fun, repetitive book with cute twist ending. I love books that Sunshine can participate in by reading part since this is repetitive she could pick up parts to read as we looked at it together.
If anybody is interested here are a few of the websites that I think are helpful with planning a week of toddler / pre-school stuff.
notimeforflashcards.com
(Crafts mostly, but also book reviews, games, and songs)
preschoolexpress.com/theme_station.shtml
(tons of stuff)
educatall.com/index.html
(you have to pay for a membership at this site to get all the goodies, but I don't have one. still there are lots of good ideas, recipes, tips, etc.)
everythingpreschool.com
(tons of stuff)
If any of you use a site or have any fab ideas, let me know.



3 comments:
I loved your ocean. And your flag. Did you ever make the mobile of transportation?
Serious good Mama! I hope my teacher-ness comes out when Jensen is a little older. Thanks for the recommendations I will check them out!
I love to do that kind of stuff too. Although my stuff never turns out that cool. Everything preschool is my favorite... I used that a lot a while back when I was doing regular preschool with Logan. It's fun.
Post a Comment